Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Our Deliverer
Gladness in my heart
The love choice
God at work
Let God be magnified
Cherry blossom days
Hide and Keep
No April Fool
Chemo changes
Never forsaken

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Being strong
"Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 2:1

I have a note written in the margin of an old Bible next to this verse. It says, "Being strong: Giving up so God can take over." I'm not sure where I heard that, but the idea must have resonated with me that day and still does. The Biblical truth is an unexplainable paradox; when I am weak, then I am strong. That is because the source of my strength is not in myself but instead is wrapped up in the grace that comes from Christ Jesus!

I am rejoicing today over Malcom's improvement. He was released from the hospital this morning after an uneventful night. There seems to be no lingering side affects from yesterday's episode. He has been alert with no fever and no pain. We enjoyed a visit from some missionary friends and even went out for dinner!

Tomorrow he will have his chemotherapy treatment (without the drug he is allergic to!) and I am trusting God to continue to supply him with grace to bear it.

 
posted at 12:03 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am rejoicing over the good improvement of today. You are in my prayers.

Sue M

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read the Daily Bread the other day talked about God's mercy and the verse in Psalm 46:10 " Be at peace in the knowledge that I am God: I will be lifted up among the nations, I will be honoured through all the earth."
Suzanne

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malcolm, the Lord put you on my heart today, and I began a long process of finding out where you were....I found you on the BBF web page, and lo and behold, here you have your own page with almost a year's worth of devotionals. I just read through them--whew!-- and feel like I've been reading John Calvin (my favorite author). It's amazing how you can say "it is good for me that I have been afflicted." Yet that is what comes through on every page.(Carol you deserve the Purple Heart.) I had no idea the devastation was so great....my colon cancer (in 2003) was a Duke's C1 (T2N1M0) (3rd stage)it had spread into the lymph glands, but after 30 treatments of 5FU with Leucovorin, I have had no recurrence. We are in San Marcos, CA, and are returning to Taiwan in late June.
"Be strong and of good courage".
Mark Harbour markharbour@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home