Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
It's Not in Vain
Great Things
Do You Hear It?
In the way
No shame in hope
New Mercies
Too Many to Count
Much to do about stuff
The Reality of Answered Prayer
A Surprise Answer to a Secret Prayer

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Monday, May 25, 2009
Memorial Day
"Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor." Romans 13:7

Memorial Day is always a nostalgic time for me as I reflect on those in my family who have served in the military. My Father was a Marine who served in the Pacific during World War II. My oldest brother was a part of the Army's elite "Green Beret", wounded in Vietnam and received the Silver Star for bravery. I also have a brother who served in the Navy and one in the Air Force during the Vietnam era. My oldest son followed his Dad's example as he served in the Air Force for 9 years and my youngest son is currently a Marine pilot who has already done one tour of duty in Iraq.

I thank God for a family heritage rich in patriotism and loyalty to this great country. George Washington said, "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation." Let us never count the price of freedom cheap. Take time to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice. Take time to honor those who willingly serve our country today.

Labels: , ,


 
posted at 10:09 AM  
1 comments


1 Comments:
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Hi! I am Katrina Clayton. My husband and I are trying to adopt a baby girl from Taiwan. We are on a waiting list for a missionary group there in Taiwan. They just recently finished their registration to be a non-profit organization in Taiwan. However, not they must abide by the laws that govern non-profits. Which means--in the facility that they are in, they can only have 4 babies there at a time. And they have no money to purchase a bigger place. They currently have 6 babies there. So it will still be quite some time before they have a baby for us. :( I came across your blog when I searched for Christian missionaries. I just wanted to know if you know of anyone that is giving their baby up, or would be willing to give their baby up for adoption instead of having an abortion. I have some other missionaries that will process the adoption for us, but I would have to locate a baby. I've tried calling hospitals there to see if there's any babies that moms don't want, but can't ever reach anyone that speaks English. Can you help me? Please, please reply! Thank you and God Bless You!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home