Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Holding God's hand
Hospital--home away from home away from home?
Hello from Springfield, Missouri

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Saturday, August 06, 2005
Hurry up and wait
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength..." Isaiah 40:31

Have you ever noticed how hard waiting can be? For me it is always easier to "do" something than to "wait." Seems we are playing the waiting game this weekend, however, so when I read these words from Isaiah I can only say "Ok, Lord, I submit to Your timing on all these things!"

Malcom continues to run a low-grade fever (99--101) and his white blood cell count is still high. Most likely this is due to the large hematoma from last week's episode with the kidney. Guess what? It takes time for that to dissipate. (Wait) The PET scan has been scheduled for Tuesday, August 9th. (Wait some more)

Nights seem to be the hardest for Malcom, so please remember him in the late hours if you are awake.

Praises: Thanks to all who leave notes of encouragement. It's like having my battery recharged to read your comments. Thanks for the prayers. We are grateful to those who minister to us in this way. Praise the Lord, too, for caring and compassionate doctors and nurses who He has placed in our lives.

 
posted at 11:12 PM  
6 comments


6 Comments:
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Malcom and Carol,
Just want you to know I'm reading here everyday and praying for you. Thank you for the updates. Love you!
Missy

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Again,

I cannot imagine all the stress of this waiting.....well, yes, I guess I can. Ours was a " waiting" of a different kind. But God IS faithful and HE will take you through it. I pray you can rest in HIM and in HIS Word during this time.
My Love to you both
Mary N

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malcom and Carol,

Unfortunately or fortunately, I am a night owl. I will say a few extra prayers in the night for Malcom's comfort.

In the daytime there is plenty to distract in a hospital. At night maybe some headphones with some good Christian music would be soothing.

When I was in for almost 3 wks a few years back, I got hooked on This Old House. It played night and day and was a good distraction for me. My nurses let me watch at 3 in the morning! I slept all day.

Tuesday seems far away. We are waiting and praying with you.

Sue Moore

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Uncle Malcom and Aunt Carol,

Dad gave me this link to keep up with the news of the family.
Keeping you in my prayers and thinking about you and your family often. Been a long time.

Give my best to Uncle Malcom and the family.
love Missy (Mullett)

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying the scan goes well tomorrow. You both are so special to me. bkt

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from HK,
We love you all and you know our prayers continue to be with you. I have been thinking of verses also that you both need during this time. Some of the same ones too. There is strength in His Words when there seems to be none.
Our church will be praying for you today as we have our services.
Love, Caroline and Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home