Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Our position in prayer
His complete provision
Michael
Never Give Up
Still in the learning process
Walk Where?
Congratulations to Richard!
Peace rules
Counting on the Lord's Presence
Waiting and Trusting

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Waiting on God
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him. Isaiah 64:4

I hate to wait. Waiting seems to me to be such a waste of time. In Taiwan I used to have to wait all the time. If you go to the Post Office, you have to take a number and wait your turn; same thing happens at the banks. Even at “fast food” places in Taiwan, we would usually be told, please find a seat in the dining area and we will bring your food to you in a little bit. We had to wait. So, I always had a book I was reading, or my PDA with me so that I could work on something while I waited. Waiting just never was a good thing, in my view.

However, in biblical terms, waiting on God is a good thing and something that we are required to do quite often. I was reminded of the value of waiting while reading today’s “A Slice of Infinity” (slice@sliceofinfinity.org).

Strength comes to those who wait - Psalm 27:14; God even waits (and us with Him) for the right time to be gracious to us - Isaiah 30:18; God promises to hear the prayers of those who wait - Micah 7:7

I have to be willing to wait on the Lord to receive His blessing and strength on my life.

"Deal bountifully with Your servant, That I may live and keep Your word." Ps. 119:17

My next chemo is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday, March 1st). Then next Sunday, March 5th, I am preaching at our home church’s mission conference. Please pray for strength to stand and proclaim God’s message.

 
posted at 11:03 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear pastor,
We will keep praying for you.
I have some verses that I read from th Bible to share with you.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9"Troubles are round us on every side, but we are not shut in; things are hard for us, but we see a way out of them;
We are cruelly attacked, but not without hope; we are made low, but we are not without help"
Suzanne

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger magillrn said...

Today was such a wonderful day, Papa! I enjoyed seeing your energy and hearing you tell about catching fish. I think we all feel better when the sun is shining, I'm glad you got to spend some time outdoors! I plan to come 'hang out' with you tomorrow at the Whiteside building before I head to class. I'll see you then!

~Nancy

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malcom,
Today was March 1 and just wanted you to know that I was praying for you and Carol. Hopefully, news was good today. I am glad that God has appointed you to preach this weekend. May you be given a special message that will burden people's hearts to share Christ around the world. You have a message/perspective that few have experienced. I know you long for your people in Taiwan. We are praying for them too.
Sue M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home