Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Congratulations to Richard!
Peace rules
Counting on the Lord's Presence
Waiting and Trusting
Wedding Anniversary
Faith under fire
Wisdom
The gift that keeps on giving
Taking up the pen
Keeper, Sustainer

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Friday, February 03, 2006
Walk Where?
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me..." Psalm 138:7

To "walk in the midst of trouble" presents quite a word picture. I, for one, have tried my best to avoid such a circumstance my entire life . I mean, really! Who wants trouble? Not me! Being raised in a family of 9 children, it was not a good idea to be found in the middle of a problem. If I saw trouble brewing, I would try to skirt around it, stay quiet so as not to be involved in it, avoid rocking the boat at all costs. To live in peace without any troubles is such a desirable state. But is it?

The life of smooth sailing and perfect ease is not one that stimulates spiritual growth. Rather, it is in the midst of trouble that I see God the clearest and experience His presence to the fullest. Because I know His character, I know He does not afflict without cause. He does not allow us to pass through the valley alone and without purpose. He is there walking with us, and He does not tire. No, it is I who becomes weary in the midst of trouble. It's a good thing He is there to revive me. I like how one commentator put it: "If we receive reviving we need not regret affliction."

Psalm 138 is a study in complete trust and worship of the Lord. Today in the midst of trouble, I found the Lord reviving me through His Word. Verse 2 speaks of His lovingkindness. Verse 3 reminds me that He hears and answers my cries. Verse 6 tells me though He is great, yet He is attentive to the lowly. Verse 7 He revives me in the midst of trouble and verse 8 this great Psalm ends with the affirmation that "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me..."

Malcom and I are praising the Lord for the blessings of today:

 
posted at 12:00 AM  
2 comments


2 Comments:
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Carol,
Do you realize the strength God is giving you through all this? Your different little exposés are so uplifting. We know God has His purpose in all things that come to us. I love you and Malcom and pray for you daily- or more!
M

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying and believing that God's way and will is best. May He watch over you and care for you and lift you up. He is able. Those are not cliche's but rather the truth.
Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home