Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Wisdom
The gift that keeps on giving
Taking up the pen
Keeper, Sustainer
All is well
Perfect Peace
One generation to another
Getting through the holidays
The blessing of another birthday
Reclaiming my identity

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Friday, January 13, 2006
Faith under fire
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:7

This is a strange concept: the trial of my faith is more precious than gold that has been refined. I tend to equate trials with pain or discomfort which in turn translates to my emotions as "bad!" But as a teacher I know that trials (or tests) are the proof of the learning and is a necessary tool to aid both the teacher and the student to discover the level of learning that has occurred. So it is the same on a spiritual level. I may dread the trials, even devise ways to escape them, but the wise Master teacher is preparing something precious for me. I cannot understand why or how that can be so, but then I'm not the master!

I think my faith is about to be tried again.

The result from the CEA test (tumor marker) taken on Wednesday came back today. It is a bit higher: 22.5 (up from 18.5) This is even with Malcom having had 2 chemo treatments since the last time it was tested. The doctor doesn't seem too worried about it. He says sometimes the cancer cells get "smart" and figure out how to resist the chemo.

So, what do I do with this information? I'm going to do just what I've determined to do all along. I'm going to trust the Lord, once again consciously put my husband in God's hands knowing that He is in control.

 
posted at 11:39 PM  
2 comments


2 Comments:
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
To give all the burden to Lord and have confidence in him. We will keep on praying for you.
Suzanne

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol and Malcolm,
We are amazed at your strength of spirit. I ran across what Helen Keller said:
The world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
We wish we could offer more, but know you are in our hearts out here in Seattle.
Elise Davis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home