Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Keeper, Sustainer
All is well
Perfect Peace
One generation to another
Getting through the holidays
The blessing of another birthday
Reclaiming my identity
Looking for the perfect gift
Forever
Perspective

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Taking up the pen
"That you might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10

A new year. I've managed to cross this line quite a few times now, more times than I care to admit! There have been times when I approached the new year with eagerness, thinking of it like an empty tablet yet to be written on, eager to use my best handwriting, wondering what I might accomplish. I would joyfully charge into the new year expecting to do something great. But this day as I contemplate 2006, I wish I could conjure up that kind of excitement. Circumstances of the last few years have taught me that "I" am not going to accomplish anything outside of God's plan for me. I don't approach the year with fear and trepidation, because I know firmly where my hope lies. It is with HIM who is ever faithful and full of love. This time, I view 2006 cautiously. My heart is full of questions, wondering what God is planning to write upon the empty tablet of my life. This year it will be His best handwriting, not mine. I do have my part, however. It is summed up in Colossians 1:10:

Verse 11 tells me what I can expect from this attitude. There will be strength (according to His power), patience, endurance and joy even in hardships.

It's only the 2nd day of the new year. Malcom is suffering through the chemo effects, his discomfort more evident with each treatment. As for me, I have caught a nasty virus that is making me feel miserable. My main concern is that I don't pass it on to him. Thank you for your prayers.


 
posted at 12:11 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, I, too, look to this new year with some wonder and awe. Knowing that God IS God, and that we are in His Hands takes away from the doubts of what 2006 could hold. Afterall, the is absolutely nothing that is going to take us from His grasp. In this confidence and hope we can look forward to whatever He has in store. I always shudder whenever I know Malocm is in pain and discomfort with his treatments. I trust that at the end of them he will feel better and be stronger. I hope your aiment will be over as well. Lovingly, M

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
We are praying that 2006 will be a WONDERFUL yer for you and Malcom. I think God has grat and mighty thing yet for you two to do. I honestly believe He is going to bless you far beyond what you could imagine.
Love you,
CB

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you all daily. May each treatment do as it is designed and attack any cancerous cells left in Malcom's body.
... As for the new year, it is but a chapter in the book of life that God has written for us. Good thing is we know the ending of our story!!!!!!!!!!!
Sue M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home