Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Journey Companions
Two Powerful words
Due Time
In Taiwan
When darkness seems to hide His face
Being strong
Our Deliverer
Gladness in my heart
The love choice
God at work

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Wednesday, June 07, 2006
I walk in His faithfulness
"For your steadfast love is before my eyes and I walk in your faithfulness." Psalm 26:3

In the midst of trouble and suffering, it is possible to feel God's love, peace, and unfailing faithfulness. I know this not only because God promises it, but because I have experienced it. At times I wonder how it is possible to cope with all that must be faced, but God is faithful and His grace is proving to be sufficient each day, each hour. I'm reminded of words from an old hymn, "Where could I go but to the Lord?"

After returning from our trip to Taiwan, Malcom's health began to decline very quickly. Severe pain and other symptoms had to be addressed, so he was hospitalized on Monday and underwent several tests. The results reveal that the cancer has spread to the liver and is progressing quickly. While in the hospital this week, they have managed to find ways to control the pain without over sedating him. Hopefully tomorrow (Thursday) he will go home and we will have Hospice help for whatever remaining days the Lord allows. All of our children are here and we are all enjoying quality time together. With the symptoms being treated, Malcom is much more comfortable than before and as always his sense of humor is still in tact!

I know the days ahead will be trying, but the Lord's steadfast love is before my eyes and I have no fear because I walk in His faithfulness.

 
posted at 12:37 PM  
4 comments


4 Comments:
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol and Pastor,
I adore your confidence in Lord!
Psalms 16:1 Keep me safe, O God: for in you I have put my faith.
16:2 O my soul, you have said to the Lord, You are my Lord: I have no good but you.
1John 5:4 Anything which comes from God is able to overcome the world: and the power by which we have overcome the world is our faith.
Suzanne

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Brad said...

Carol and Malcom,

My prayers are with you. Although we have never physically met, I feel, via the internet, I know Malcom and regard him as a dear friend.

Let him know that I am still praying in Texas. ;-)

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith is the evidence of things not yet seen. How true that is. I know that this has been the hardest two years of your lives. Through it has come such a testimony of faith and obedience that lives have been forever changed for God's glory. We continue our prayers for you all and know that in God's perfect will there is peace that passes understanding. How good it is that you can be together as a family. May you all be able to say the words that must be shared from the heart. God bless and watch over you.
Sue M.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Kathy Carlton Willis said...

Please know folks all over the world are praying. You are a testimony of GRACE.

Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home