Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Too Many to Count
Much to do about stuff
The Reality of Answered Prayer
A Surprise Answer to a Secret Prayer
Submission
Remembering Sue
Greatest Joy
He didn't forget
How does your Pineapple grow?
Curiosity or Compassion?

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Monday, August 06, 2007
New Mercies
“It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
The path of Christian growth is a steady process of recognizing that no matter what lessons have been learned along the way thus far, we have not yet “arrived.” Yesterday’s victory doesn’t suffice for today’s challenge. I must daily choose to put on the Christian armor and stand. (Ephesians 6:10-13) Today’s trial does not exempt me from facing one tomorrow. There is no room for complacency or self-congratulatory accolades.

With one phone call I was reminded just how quickly things can change and how very much dependent I must be upon the Lord for what a day will bring. One of our granddaughters was in a car accident that could have had a very serious outcome. (Praise the Lord she is okay and her friend’s injuries are minimal.) Upon hearing the news, my heart was gripped with that familiar feeling of helplessness and loss of control over life’s circumstances. When the prospect of tragedy brushes so close, the heart cries out “No, Lord, please don’t make us go there again!” Then the Holy Spirit gently reminds me that nothing comes into my life but that it has first passed through the hands of a loving God. I praise Him for protecting my loved one. I honor Him for the reminder of my own weakness and the need to daily draw upon His mercies.

 
posted at 10:03 PM  
8 comments


8 Comments:
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol - once again as I was checking your blog, and looking over at Jerry's also, seeing the picture of you two together... I felt such a sense of satisfaction and happiness for you both. I know that this has nothing to do with what you wrote in your blog, but in reality, it does – it shows that even though you have gone through some of the deepest, darkest valleys in life, even THIS HAPPINESS now has first passed through the hands of a loving God. HE knew when he took Jean Home, and then Malcom, that HE would bring you and Jerry together… in His time.
Love you both!! Hope you are home soon with your new husband…
Love always,
Ruth.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Thank you, Ruth, for your encouraging words. This is a particularly emotional time for me here in Taiwan as I finish up 26 years of ministry. The knowledge of God's sovereign hand in our lives is a great comfort --Carol

Note to anonymous writer: I will not publish anonymous negative comments. I will be happy to publish and respond to any comments that displays a name. You may also write me privately at carolfeistel@bbfi.org.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

Negative commenters?? Your posts are always so uplifting!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I liked to you this morning. Just a fun little post I did.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, I appreciate this post.
Nothing happens to any of us without it first crossing God's desk. It's my job to "simply" trust.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger NotJustLaura said...

I love the picture of my experiences first passing through God's Hands ... Thank you!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Susan Skitt said...

Yes, my friend, we are so weak, but Jesus is strong. I know that feeling of helplessness. It's frightening, isn't it? But God is bigger than all our fears, Praise Him. Thank you for this post and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

It's been a few weeks since you wrote this post. How is your granddaughter doing? How are you doing? It's been while since I've visited, so I'll have to look over some previous entires. It looks like from Ruth's comment you have some wonderful news.

Blessings today my friend,
In Christ,
Susan
www.livingtheadventurouslife.blogspot.com
www.shareyourgrief.blogspot.com

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Dionna said...

I am so glad your granddaughter is okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home