Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
A look back
Good things to cherish
Body and Spirit
Prompted to Pray
Choosing to trust
A Reason for Hope
Good news today
Pleasing the Lord
"My times are in thy hand"
His part...Our part

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Thursday, September 15, 2005
Sustaining Grace
"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee..." Psalm 55:22

The word that caught my attention in this verse was sustain. This concept is quite different than what many Christians want to think. Oh, we want to cast our burden on the Lord to get rid of it! But the promise here is not removal of that terrible thing that is causing such anxiety or pain. No, it is the promise to sustain.

A musician can tell you about sustain. It's the idea of singing or playing a tone continuously, hanging on to it. And the sustaining must be done right--supporting with the diaphram in order to maintain good tone quality and be pleasing to the listener.

In this analogy we can think of our burden as the music to be sung. The Lord is the one supporting and sustaining so that even through the difficulty a beautiful sound is heard.

Music is being heard today! Malcom says "I feel better this week than I have since my surgery on July 12. I believe that this is a direct answer to your prayers on my behalf. Thank you for taking my burden to the Lord!" The burden has not disappeared, but the sustaining is being done, and the sound of praise to our Lord is pleasing to the ear.

 
posted at 7:14 PM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol
I love the analogy you have made. It blessed my heart today and encouraged me. We all must look to God for His sustaining power. It is an act of His grace.

Share with Malcom that our prayers are daily for you all. May each day bring you closer to complete healing.

Sue M

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends,
I can " name that tune " and I love the song - the analogy of His sustaining power. Thank you!!

Our love and continued prayer
M

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shalom,

Another verse that strongly applies is Ps: 50:15 "Call upon Me in the day of trouble, and I will rescue you and you will honor Me." Staying in tune with the LORD is an act of will that can only be achieved by His sustaining grace.

Please pray for me. . I am in the crucible & I hold fast to Him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home