Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
A Reason for Hope
Good news today
Pleasing the Lord
"My times are in thy hand"
His part...Our part
Nighttime musings
Gold--God's choice
Walking Partner
Voices
Counting His Benefits

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Sunday, September 04, 2005
Choosing to trust
"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise." Psalm 57:7

It's Sunday. The previous 2 days of chemotherapy left Malcom very, very weak so we were not able to attend church today. Instead we contented ourselves with finding a church service to watch on television, reading the Bible, and listening to uplifting CDs. Like the Psalmist, I am determined to keep my focus on the Lord. Psalm 112:7 says of the righteous man, "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord." The idea of fixing my heart on something conjures up images of purposeful decison, a conscious determination. That's one reason I write this blog. It gives me a tangible way to fix my thoughts on God, to search His Word for encouragement, comfort, and guidance. Faith is a choice and the object of my faith is trustworthy.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word;
Just to rest upon His promise, just to know "Thus saith the Lord."
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, how I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more!

 
posted at 10:46 PM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God be with you
till we meet again.
When life`s perils
thick confound you.
Put His arms unfailing
round you.
God be with you
till we meet again.
Till we meet at Jesus`feet.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mom Carol, it's nice to hear good news about Pastor Fesitel's condition..i'm really blessed with your faith and the way you handle the situattion, and I know that it's quite frustrating at times but over and over again God proves that He is our strenght and our refuge. I'm always praying for you both!

JV

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all today..........
Sue M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home