Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
"My times are in thy hand"
His part...Our part
Nighttime musings
Gold--God's choice
Walking Partner
Voices
Counting His Benefits
I love that smile!
Getting to know Him
Burden bearers

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Pleasing the Lord
"The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear Him, in those that hope in His mercy." Psalm 147:11

What a thought! God is pleased when He sees us honoring Him and looking to Him for mercy! As His child, I have a longing to please my Heavenly Father. I search for ways to please Him and here He has shown me yet another way.

Last night as Malcom's fever rose again during the night, I bathed him with ice cloths. When his fever broke and his clothes were drenched, I helped him change into dry things. It isn't hard to stay by his side and lovingly do these things for him. I love him. He is always so appreciative and expresses it to me. He doesn't need to thank me, but he does and it pleases me. I take pleasure in helping him.

In much the same way, I imagine the Lord--who loves us, who is faithful, merciful and full of compassion--taking pleasure in our honor and gratitude expressed to Him. He delights to show mercy. When we are weak and can do nothing, He doesn't require anything of us except to simply turn to Him in faith.

May I express my gratitude also to each one who reads this blog and lifts us up in prayer? Thank you so much.

Malcom is still in the hospital. They put a port in his upper chest. Later a CT scan was done, so we are waiting on those test results. I'm not sure when he will have the next chemo treatment. Continue to pray for the doctor's wisdom in treating him. Join us in pleasing God by looking to Him and have hope in His mercy.

 
posted at 5:26 PM  
4 comments


4 Comments:
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
You are like a lovely rose opening up to its full beauty.....I know God has something very special in store for you and Malcom.
Lovingly,
Your friend,

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
First thing I do in the mornings is check this blog site. I want to know how to pray for you both that day. God's Mercies are new ever morning!
Love you,
Caroline and Mike

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
Hopefully this new port will make a difference. I know your nights have been terrible, but sometimes it is during those night hours that we can cry out to God and He seems to respond almost immediately. Will pray that Malcom's fever won't go up tonight.
CB

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol & Malcolm,
We appreciate you keeping us informed on Malcolm's condition. We lift you in prayer each day, believing God for a miracle in your life. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. May God bless you and keep you in his care.

Pastor Tolbert & Hillside Baptist Church Family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home