Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Choosing to trust
A Reason for Hope
Good news today
Pleasing the Lord
"My times are in thy hand"
His part...Our part
Nighttime musings
Gold--God's choice
Walking Partner
Voices

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Prompted to Pray
"Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me." Romans 15:30

To maintain a consistent prayer life, especially for an ongoing need, takes work. No wonder the Apostle Paul asked the churches in Rome to "strive" with him in prayer. It seems easy to say "I'll pray for you" but the doing of it isn't so easy. When New Tribes missionaries, Martin and Gracia Burnham were captives in the Philippines, I remember being so burdened for them after I saw pictures of them and realized they were literally being starved in the jungles. After that until the day they were found I never ate a meal without praying for them. Just the act of putting food in my mouth prompted me to pray that they would have something to eat.

Today the Lord spoke to me and prompted me to pray for the ladies in our church in Taiwan who work as caregivers. Sure, I've often prayed for them, but I didn't really know how to pray. The on-the-job experience I'm getting now caring for Malcom has given me a new insight into how I can pray more specifically for those ladies.

Perhaps you can find something--a time or an activity--that you can use as a prayer prompter, a reminder to strive together with us in your prayers to God for us. If you do, let me know about it so that we may be encouraged.

The side affects of the chemotherapy this time are a little more severe. Malcom has been very fatigued, but in addition he has had low blood pressure. To deal with that problem he was given IV fluids today at the hosptial out-patient services. They will do this Wednesday and Thursday as well. He has also developed painful mouth sores. Please pray that this will not become too severe. We need prayer for continued patience and grace for each day.

 
posted at 9:54 PM  
5 comments


5 Comments:
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying today too. This blog helps me to focus and pray daily for you all. May God give you strength for each challenge.
Sue M.

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Carol and Uncle Malcom,

I love you both so dearly, and I pray for you often. You encourage me so much by the strength you get through faith in our GREAT GOD! I can't even begin to fathom the mountains you have and are having to face, but I know that our God does! Your testimony of His faithfulness to you is leaving a lasting impression! Thank YOU!!!

David II

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Yes we pray for guys everyday, Luke and Paul too. I made chicken soup Last night and plan on bring it by today. If Malcom can't eat it due to his mouth sores, then maybe he can drink the broth. Love Bev

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

方師母,
今天在教會的禱告會中,我們特別的為你和牧師禱告,因為知道在這段時間你們的身心都很辛苦.但請記得,羅8:26 況且我們的軟弱有聖靈幫助,我們本不曉得當怎樣禱告,只是聖靈親自用說不出來的歎息替我們禱告。加油喔!我們會繼續為你們禱告!!

Denise

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, I just wanted you both to know you are an inspiration. I know that in this world of evil heros, we are in need of such Godly heros as the both of you. Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you. I thought I was going through a tough time, but your situation has made it just a light burden to bare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home