Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
It's not fair!
In Awe of His Love
An expected end
Does God answer prayer?
Pray for our friend
Understanding Holiness
Batting practice
No More Sea
The Marvelous Mundane
Sustaining Grace

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Monday, October 10, 2005
Drawing near to God
"But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works." Psalm 73:28

Sometimes I am amused by Malcom's reaction to taking his supplements. He's never been one to take much medicine, so it is a chore for him to daily submit to all the pills, powders, teas, etc. that I give him. His good sense of humor is a help. He has funny names for every thing he takes. At times, when he is weary of it all, I remind him "just take it, it's good for you!" Even the dreaded chemotherapy is good for him, because it is killing the cancer cells.

In an earlier entry (August 12) I considered a verse that said it is good for me to both hope and wait patiently for the Lord. Tonight, I find another verse that shows me something else that is good for me: to draw near to God. I have read this before and said to myself, "I know it is good for me and I am willing to do so." Little did I realize the way to draw near to God is not always simple and painless. The path is sometimes hard going, I falter at times and I question God's purposes. At times it seems too painful, but other times the way eases. I am able to rest, look back at where I began and how far I've come and I see clearly that indeed, it has been good for me to draw near to God.

I really feel sometimes that I am on a journey of sorts. I do not know where it will lead me or when it will end. But this I know: I have put my trust in the Lord God.

We have enjoyed a weekend with most of our family around us...all but our oldest daughter were here. It was one of those times that God just put together and we have thoroughly enjoyed the children and grandchildren. Malcom is doing well. He has a week "break" from the chemo. Continue to pray for our friend, Michael, who is not doing so well right now.

 
posted at 1:24 AM  
1 comments


1 Comments:
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,

Thank you for sharing your Blog address with us. What a blessing to read your comments. We will pass it along to our faithful prayer warriors here at Ocean Shores Baptist Church.

Our love to both you and Malcolm. We will continue to be in much prayer for you. If there is anything (on the practical side) Bill or I can do for you, please let us know!

Love in Christ,
Angie and Bro. Bill Long
Nahum 1:7

 

Post a Comment

<< Home