Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
The Marvelous Mundane
Sustaining Grace
A look back
Good things to cherish
Body and Spirit
Prompted to Pray
Choosing to trust
A Reason for Hope
Good news today
Pleasing the Lord

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Monday, September 19, 2005
No More Sea
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." Revelation 21:1

Pastor's sermon tonight was from chapter 21 of Revelation, the subject being "Heaven, Our Eternal Home." I was touched by this verse that tells us that some day there will be no more sea. I'm sure the theologians have plenty of thoughts about what that might mean. Let me just tell you what it brought to my mind.

Ever since the accident last year (June 2004) when our daughter, Sue, drowned in a rip tide just off Taiwan, I have had an intense dislike for large bodies of water, especially the ocean. Those idealic pictures or paintings of the seashore are not calming to my soul. The sea represents pain to me. And so, it brings me joy to realize that one day I will be united with my daughter and there will be no more sea!!

I thought of another place in the Bible that mentions the sea. Micah 7:19 speaking of God's mercy and forgiveness says, "He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea." In the new heaven and new earth that God will create, there will be no need of the sea because our eternal home will be a place of perfection where sin is defeated forever!

Until that day, I can cling to another beautiful promise from His Word: Isaiah 43:2 "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee..."

Monday and Tuesday this week Malcom will be taking another chemotherapy treatment. As you pray, ask God to give him strength, endurance, and continued healing.

 
posted at 12:44 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,

This speaks volumes.......
And - I am already praying for Malcom and the chemo treatments.
Lovingly,
M

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,

Our entire family is following your posts and pray daily for Malcom's improved health. We rejoice that he's strength has increased. I only wish Ronnie & I lived nearby, so we could join you on those walks you wrote about.

You mentioned smelling roses. Over the years as I've cared for my roses, I've come to believe they have a lot in common with Christians. Both require abundant sunlight/sonlight, careful attention to encroaching weeds/sin, repeated & regular feeding of specialized food/the Word, nurturing through droughts of rain/spirit, pruning to bring about new growth, and regular time spent with the skilled Gardener. The Gardener willingly meets these needs because He highly values and loves his roses/children. I praise God that He, unlike some earthly gardeners, is ever faithful and knows exactly how to care for us. He is truly our Master Gardener!

Mary Sue

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The medical treatments are probably very unlovely, but they are designed to take care of a very unlovely disease. May they do the job with God's help. Praying for you today.
Sue M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home