Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Deliverance from fear
Another good thing
Bold faith
Drawing near to God
It's not fair!
In Awe of His Love
An expected end
Does God answer prayer?
Pray for our friend
Understanding Holiness

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Friday, October 21, 2005
Stand and Fight!
Ps 68:11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.

At my first reading of this verse I thought I had found a great missions text for a new sermon. As I started an in depth study of the verse I discovered the historical context and the meaning of a key Hebrew word, the word translated “company.” Here is what I learned.

During the Wilderness Wanderings and the Conquest of Canaan, when the enemies of Israel approached the camp of God’s people, the people would prepare for battle. God is directing his army, so the army awaits his word! Finally, God gives the word, “Now! The time to fight has arrived!” How would this word be passed to the hundreds of thousands of warriors? The “company” was called to duty. This “company” in the Hebrew is actually the choir. The choir of Israel was made up of Miriam and the singing women of Israel. They would rush through the camp to roust out the warriors, calling them to battle!

In our battle, my first knowledge of the enemy (cancer) brought dread, confusion, fear and at times even terror. I did what I could to prepare for the battle even though I understood little about it. Then the word came from the Lord, “Now is the time to stand up and fight.” This word did not first come to me, but to my singer, my choir member, my wife, Carol. She began to publish the word, first to me, then to others. Each day she would write a verse on the white board in my hospital room. Each new verse was written to me, to encourage me to stand and fight!

Then our daughter Amy suggested publishing these daily verses on a blog, so that others could see my progress and needs and could join in the fight. You know the result, you are reading it!

Today, I am recovering from the latest round of chemo. I am dealing with the mouth and throat sores, fatigue and neuropathy. I am so glad that I have not suffered from the nausea and other side-effects.

We thank God for each one of you warriors who stand with us in this fight. Most of all, I thank God for Carol, my singer, who daily calls me to courage and faith and helps me to stand and fight.

 
posted at 11:59 AM  
7 comments


7 Comments:
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so pleased to see your entry today, Malcom. The blog itself has been a blessing for many people, no doubt about that. Carol has been doing such a wonderful job with the blog, to spread encouragement and news to many people.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your words from the Lord have deeply touched my heart. You have indeed shown the amazing grace of God in your lives through your battle with cancer. God is getting the glory, it is so clear. What a continous testimony before us all! May the Lord heal and bring you to complete recovery! Praise God!
Marlys

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....You don't know me but I met your wife for the first time in Thailand in Feb. for our seminar. Too bad I didn't meet her sooner!!!

Your name is being lifted up around the world to the mighty GOD we serve!
David and Joy Speights

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such an encouragement to see you writing about Carol instead of her writing about you. Her writings have been inspirational to others as well as you and it is so good to hear from you. May God conitnue to lift you and strengthen you. I remember you often and keep you in my prayers.

I love you both!

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see your words here. Angie and Analis keep asking about the date of your return. Hope to see you soon in the church in Taiwan.
Suzanne

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise to see that it was you, Malcom, who brought us this latest messge on the blog. We've enjoyed Carol SO MUCH but got excited to hear from you as well. You two are such a blessing to us and we, as well as our church family, continue to pray for you.
Jerry and Carol

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Malcom,
It's so good to hear from you! I have been praying for you everyday and keeping up with the blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to bless us with your words...the Lord is really using them in a mighty way for His glory! My prayer is for complete healing and restoration. Say Hello to Aunt Carol for me!
Love,
Shelly (Freeman) Roloff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home