Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Taking it a day at a time
Answers and Questions
Tuesday update
Teamwork
Hurry up and wait
Holding God's hand
Hospital--home away from home away from home?
Hello from Springfield, Missouri

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Friday, August 12, 2005
Sounds like a plan!
"It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:26

Thank you for praying for Malcom last night. Today he was feeling much better with less pain and a good appetite. He walked a couple of laps around the 7D ward, he visited with some family and friends. His sense of humor is still in tact. The prayers of God's people do sustain!

This morning I told the Lord that He had to give me strength to face the days ahead so that I can encourage Malcom in the battle. I asked Him to give me a verse for this day. So in comes our petite little nurse, Kim, who hears us discussing which scripture to write on the white board today. She reminds me of a verse that talks about God's mercies being new every morning (Lamentations 3:23). That's a super scripture. "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" is one of my favorite hymns.

And right on it's heals God's plan for today jumped out from the pages: Hope...quietly wait.
Sounds like a plan! The tests are all in, we know what we are facing, the doctors have come up with their treatment. The chemotherapy began around 2 pm. It's time to remain calm. Time to hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. With this plan comes peace in the midst of the storm.

 
posted at 8:43 PM  
4 comments


4 Comments:
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CF,
It seems that someone with no sense posted on the blog and for that I am saddened. Their need for hope seems enomous.

I am earnestly praying for Malcom and for you for God's strength. May the chemo slow the cancer enough so that there is a chance of curing it. With God that is possible. I love what your nurse said today. God sent his messenger of encouragement from an unexpected source. I am glad it ministered to your soul.

Sue M

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello mom carol,

I'm glad that pastor's condition is now going on a good pace as well as your strength to continue to be an encourager.
truelly God's hand is always at work and it gives us joy & hope within.

leslie

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,

Pam & I continue to pray for you and Malcom. God bless you with His grace that sustains.

Steve Thornton
ARGENTINA

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
My name is Kathy and my husband and I go to Crossroads Baptist church in Girard, Ks.. We are friends of Ann and Fred Geier. Orin was diagnosed with colorectal cancer in Oct of last year and we have been walking this walk since then. He has had four surgeries. Been in the hospital six times. Has been told he had lung metastasis and probable reoccurance in the abdomen. Has been told, "we got it all" all the way to you probably have 6 mo at most.. In May I expected not to have him with me today. Yesterday he helped our son put up some walls in their new house! I have had a new understanding of why they say that Dr's "practice" medicine... because ultimately the True Physician is in charge of the outcome.
I wish I had done what you mentioned about keeping a list.. my biggest question through all this is how do people do this who dont have the hope of Christ and the support of praying loving Christian friends.
I can validate that the hardest times are when there is nothing to do but wait... and nothing to do. It is in those times however that God can touch our hearts with his special love.
I am including my email and phone. I want you to know that I have learned how helpful it is to talk to someone who has been through this. There are so many questions...and you are right not as many answers along the way.
Please know that you are in our prayers and that I am available by email or phone ANY TIME you need to talk. Like you I have been able to mostly stand in the strength of our savior and do ok but there have been a few times when I just needed to talk or cry or both. Know that it is ok to do that! In fact it is kind of necessary.. remember even Jesus cried when Lazerus died and he Knew the end of the story!
May God keep you in his loving arms.
Love and prayers,
Kathy Gronau
kathyg@ckt.net
620 724 4401

 

Post a Comment

<< Home