Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Walking Partner
Voices
Counting His Benefits
I love that smile!
Getting to know Him
Burden bearers
Home at last
The Goodness of God
High Expectations
God's kind of thinking

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Saturday, August 27, 2005
Gold--God's choice
"But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10

I am gold. It's as simple as that. How do I know? The goldsmith takes up the gold to work with, puts it in the fire, processes it to it's purest form. He doesn't take up just any old piece of metal. No, he knows exactly which pieces are gold and he chooses to work with those. He knows the end result of his labors will be pure gold that can be crafted to his desires.

When God chose to take us through these firey trials, He did so knowing that He would be working with gold! This thought thrills me. In the past I've often thought that God tests me to see if I will pass the test. But no, that doesn't make sense. He already knows I will! He knows I am gold and His purposes are like that of the goldsmith--to process out the impurities so that I will come forth just exactly like He expected...as gold! I don't need to worry if I'm going to "pass the test." It's not a test. It's a purifying process that doesn't depend upon my efforts and the end result will be good. I can rest in that knowledge.

Malcom's energy climb seemes to have reached a plateau. I think that he is feeling about as "good" as he will for this time. Hopefully after the next chemo treatment the point of his rebound will be a little higher. I must praise the Lord for one particular thing, however: it has been a week since the last paracentisis was performed. Since that time, the abdominal fluid has not collected as before! He is still comfortable in that regard and able to eat.

Today the nutritional supplements we ordered arrived and he began to take them. We praise the Lord for His amazing provision of these supplements through Mannatech Inc.'s "Mannarelief" division. God's hand was so evident in this and we have complete peace that these supplements will be beneficial. Praise His name!

 
posted at 12:16 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thought-------you are both gold. May God continue to help Malcom improve. I think it is a good thing that the fluid has not returned to cause discomfort. The nutritional supplements are truly a blessing. Our prayers continue.
Sue M.

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

High King of heaven.
My victory won.
Be Thou my Vision.
Naught be all else to me.
Save that thou art.
Thou my best thought.
By day or by night.
Still be my Vision .
O Ruler of all.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, God has not only spoken to you, but to many others through you.

Sue M. is right! You are both Gold and truly a blessing to me.

My thoughts and prayers continue for a full and complete recovery.

Until then, a journey where the foot prints in the sand change from six to two as He picks you both up and carries you when you are weak and tired.

2 Cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Cor 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home