Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
High Expectations
God's kind of thinking
Our desert
Sounds like a plan!
Taking it a day at a time
Answers and Questions
Tuesday update
Teamwork
Hurry up and wait
Holding God's hand

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Tuesday, August 16, 2005
The Goodness of God
"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

A positive outlook is needed. Good nutrition is necessary. Confidence in the doctors and treatments they prescribe is essential. But above all these things FAITH in the goodness of God is the cornerstone of our sojourn through this trial. When people ask me "How are you doing?" I often reply, "Hanging in there!" Not hanging by a thread, about to fall apart, not hanging onto a rope I've tied a knot into. No, I am hanging onto my faith in the goodness of God, no matter what.

We heard good news today...the doc actually said, "Maybe tomorrow we'll let you go home!" Still some more blood work to be done and they plan to draw more fluid off his abdomen. If all goes well, hopefully tomorrow Malcom can breathe something besides hosptial air!

Your prayers are effective. Keep up the good work!

 
posted at 1:39 PM  
5 comments


5 Comments:
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
This is the kind of news we like to hear. I trust all goes well and you can take Malcom home with you in the morning !!

Blessings and love
Mary N

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying Malcom gets to breathe fresh air tomorrow and will be feeling up to friend visitors soon, so i can come see you guys. This site is an a great thing, Rex and Luke and Paul and I read it together each night and then pray. Remember i love you all, keep on praising our awesome Lord. Love, Bev

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad Malcom is feeling better and home is in the plans. After reading your post today, I couldn't help but remember that "faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." "With God all things are possible."

We are praying.
Sue M

 
At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
Fred and I so look forward to your updates. We love you and Malcom so much, and together with you two are calling and knowing our Great GOD will do "great and mighty things which we know not". The strength our LORD is giving you through HIS Word is blessing and strengthening all of us too.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

All our Love and Prayers,
Fred and Joyce

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear teacher Carol,
I am glad that Pastor is better and he can go home. I got the blogger address from church and I always surf on the website. I often pray for him. I hope he can come back to Taiwan and play goft with me.

Our family are praying.
Ron (Rung-Ching Chen)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home