Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Getting to know Him
Burden bearers
Home at last
The Goodness of God
High Expectations
God's kind of thinking
Our desert
Sounds like a plan!
Taking it a day at a time
Answers and Questions

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Saturday, August 20, 2005
I love that smile!
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. . .a merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance. . ." Proverbs 17:22, 15:13

Praise the Lord, I saw some smiles today from Malcom! I love that smile, and had remarked a few days ago that I missed seeing his smile. So you may be wondering what brought on the smiles? Those little joys called grandchildren! 19-month old Kyle entertained us all day with his ever growing vocabulary and his love of balls (any kind of ball!). 4 month old Kaycia's giggles at Grandma's silly sounds brought the big smiles to Grandpa's face. Isn't God good to send us "medicine" in such cute little packages?

Although Malcom is still very fatigued and weak, today we were able to recognize small signs of improvement: no fever all day and he didn't need to take pain medications to control his pain. These are just little steps, but we praise the Lord that it's steps in the right direction.

Our prayers this night are for a good night's sleep (he didn't sleep well last night), more energy tomorrow so we can go to church, and a better appetite so that his body can take in the nutrients needed to fight the cancer.

 
posted at 10:37 PM  
7 comments


7 Comments:
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got your message when I got home a little while ago. I'll bring soup about 5:30 Mon. afternoon. I hope it brings healing to Malcom as it did to me. I pray while preparing it. Is Malcom's white count good. When I went to church with my mask on, people were good to talk from afar.Sweet dreams, may God bless with rest, strenght, and peace. love, bev See you in the morn.:) :)

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad for your victories, a smile, a grandchild.... God gave us two new granddaughters this past year. Appetite can be a problem....ask your doctor for Marinol.. it helped Orin a lot to regain his appetite.
Brother Brown and Ann were in our anniversary sunday services today at crossroads and you were in all our prayers. May God give you both a good nights rest.
Kathy

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Sept 11, 2004, Amy wrote of Sue, "Time moves onward. Friendship stays right where we put it." After being my friend for 37 years, that is how I feel about us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers often. I love you both.
Love, Jo (Joanne)
Beaumont, TX

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just picture Malcom's smile...I hope he exercises it much. Little children always are good for one's spirit - especially when they are some of your own kin. I do pray he will want to eat more and get stronger. Know that we both love you both and are praying for you.
Lovingly, MN

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing that you and Malcolm could be together with your grandchildren today! Wow! That's terrific! I'm sitting here smiling with you both! I know how much my granddaughters bring smiles to my face as I look at their pictures on my daughters blog. If I'm feeling down, that's the first place I head, because it never ceases to bring a chuckle and a smile to look at those cute and sometimes funny pictures! So I hope you have a camera nearby to catch those moments so you can relive them whenever you want to! :-) I hope Malcolm had strength to be in the Lord's house to be uplifted in his spirit. If not, he can do what I do....listen to Charles Stanley, or other good TV preachers. Then again, you probably have good Christian radio as well that is a blessing.....I hope so! I trust the Lord will continue to give Malcolm relief from pain too, so he can feel more comfortable...I pray it will be so. Anyways, we will keep praying for healing and a lifting of any spirit of heaviness that might threaten to take away the joy God has given you both this day. I pray that your grandchildren will be able to visit often!!
Love, Marlys

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Remember me? You came to our seminar in Thailand back in Feb. I have heard from Grandma a little about Malcom. What is going on? When did you find out about his health? I know you are busy but just a brief summary of what has happened would be appreciated. Wish I wasn't so far away so I could help you but I am praying for you guys!! You brought a lot of fun to the seminar and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to know you. I hope we can be good friends.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger AFeistel said...

Jo,
Thanks for remembering and thanks for being a wonderful friend to my mother. love, Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home