Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Voices
Counting His Benefits
I love that smile!
Getting to know Him
Burden bearers
Home at last
The Goodness of God
High Expectations
God's kind of thinking
Our desert

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Walking Partner
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand." Psalm 37:23-24

The other day I was at a department store buying some clothes for Malcom now that he has lost so much weight. In the course of my conversation with the lady helping me, she asked me if my husband knew the Lord. I was happy to tell her "yes!" and I was very pleased that she asked. She remarked then something about when facing trials it's a comfort to know the Lord and know He is there to walk with us.

I agree!

The Lord has ordered our steps. Nothing that is happening is a surprise to Him--our omniscient, omnipresent, omniopotent God! He knows the way that Malcom will take and He is upholding him with His hand.

I praise God that today Malcom continued to make progress in gaining strength. He was able to focus on reading a couple of chapters in a book, answering a few emails, and thinking about some long-term plans for our ministry. All good signs! We took a couple of short walks and he has dutifully eaten everything I've put in front of him. Again I ask that your prayers be directed toward the nights which continue to be difficult for him.

 
posted at 8:51 PM  
4 comments


4 Comments:
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol (and Malcom) of course.

It is so good to hear the news even though the progress may seem slow to you both. It is progress and forward steps none the less.

I love how the Lord has been ministering to you through others and His word. You may not realzie it, but your daily blog is a continuing ministry to others. While God speaks to you and you share with us, your minsitry continues and is full.

Trhough your tiral we can see what it means to walk close to Him and to stay in His word. We can see the benefits of being a memeber of the family of God as family ministers to family over and over again.

Our church is wathcing this site regularly. You are in our prayers when we gather together and many tell me even when we are apart. Pastor Miller remembered you both by name again tonight.

May our powerful God and our loving intimate Father grant you both on going peace in the midst of this storm as He minsters to hearts and through you to many others. I pray for a peaceful nights rest for you both.

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I stayed home from church this eve and read and prayed healing scriptures for Malcom and 2 others that are dealing with cancer. I read those scriptures many times in the past almost 22 months. It helped me realize that the cancer was not my enemy, but that doubt and fear was. God is in control and I rested peacefully in that. But for some reason it was easier to deal with when it was me, and now I find myself worrying or being upset over your circumstances and I have to ask forgiveness for unbelief and pray and see you right in the center of Gods love. We learned alot and grew spiritually with my cancer episode and Luke has even said that even though my cancer episode was somewhat scarey to him, he was glad I had cancer because he learned alot. God does take care of our kids even when we can't. So sweet dreams, I love you all, Thank You Jesus, Bev

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day and step at a time is what I frequently tell myself. It is all we can really do. What is so wonderful is that God truly will order our steps and watch over us. We continue our prayers for you all.

Sue M.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been out of the loop although still praying daily. The Lord is still in the business of miracles and here's just more evidence of it. We love you and will continue to pray.

Steve Tester and Family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home