Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Counting His Benefits
I love that smile!
Getting to know Him
Burden bearers
Home at last
The Goodness of God
High Expectations
God's kind of thinking
Our desert
Sounds like a plan!

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Voices
"What time I am afraid I will trust in Thee." Psalm 56:3

The first time this verse made an impact on me was 28 years ago, and it came out of the mouth of our 4 year old daughter, Amy. I had taken her with me over to the Bible college where I was going to do some extra work in one of the classrooms. On a typical school day, all rooms would be well lit, but on this day the room was dark and I had to "hunt" for the light switch. As we searched in the dark, I wanted to reassure my small child that everything was okay. (Truthfully I was a little fearful!) Her sweet reply to me was to quote this scripture! That day God began to show me the meaning of childlike faith.

Today my thoughts turned back to Psalm 56:3 again. If I'm honest with myself, I must admit that I am often afraid of this path the Lord has allowed us to walk. When I see how thin my husband has become, how weak the cancer has made his body, it causes me to fear. If I listen to that voice--the one that says to be afraid--I'm sure I will sink like Peter when Jesus beckoned him to walk upon the water. Instead I must listen to the voice that tells me "fear not, for I am with thee." (Isaiah 41:10) That is the Voice that gives me courage to meet the challenges of each day.

A song written by Mark Hall and Steven Curtis Chapman expresses it so well:

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.

I'm so thankful that today I was able to listen to the voice of truth. I am encouraged by small steps of progress...Malcom has a better appetite, we took a walk, he's able to read some and do some email.

We are thankful, humbled and honored to have your prayers.

 
posted at 10:00 PM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers continue to be with you and we want to thank you both for courage you've shown in the "midst of the storm".
Love you, Caroline and Mike

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
I love the verse you chose to share today. It acknowledges that there are times and circumstances where it is natural to be fearful. What I find so blessed though is that we can turn to God in those times and He will be sufficient. Draw very close to Him. That is where help is found. We are praying and believing that God will take care of you all.

Sue M

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger AFeistel said...

Mama Carol,
Thank you for helping me remember my own faith.
love, Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home