Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Gold--God's choice
Walking Partner
Voices
Counting His Benefits
I love that smile!
Getting to know Him
Burden bearers
Home at last
The Goodness of God
High Expectations

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Sunday, August 28, 2005
Nighttime musings
"Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." Psalm 42:8

For most of my adult life I have enjoyed the nighttime hours, in fact looked forward to it. The night coming meant I could lay down, rest from the busyness of the day, retreat from the stresses of life, hide as it were from the hussle and bussle, refresh myself for next day's challenges. So, I never really grasped the full impact of the promise in Revelation 22:5--"And there shall be no night there..."

But I'm beginning to understand. Malcom told me the other day that he dreads the night. Instead of rest and refreshing, nighttime now often brings fevers, drenching unexplainable sweats and insomnia. Such has been the last couple of nights. Last night he began to spike a fever. I spent hours bathing his head and neck with cold cloths hoping to bring down the fever. In the early hours of the morning the fever broke and we were able to rest an hour or two. By the way, I did call the doctor and he sent out an antibiotic to take. Pray that it helps and brings relief soon.

This illness surely has us on a roller coaster ride. Yesterday during the day Malcom seemed to have good energy. We enjoyed a visit with his brother and family who had driven here from Austin, Texas. We were looking forward to attending church today. Who would have thought that the night hours would thrust us back down? I thought much about that during those dark hours. I now have a new appreciation for heaven in which God tells us we won't have to dread the nights! And I praise the Lord now also, for even in the night He is there. His song is there singing to me assurances of His constant presence.

 
posted at 3:59 PM  
2 comments


2 Comments:
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CF and Malcom,
Through the night realize that people around the world are praying. In Twiwan it is day now. I am a night owl and find myself awake and praying often deep into the night. I also remember that the Bible says in Psalms that God does not slumber or sleep. He is watching over you, especially in the night.
Sue

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol and Malcom,

Please know you are in my and my churchs prayers on a continual basis. May God provide you peace, comfort, and grace in your time of need.

Bro. David Cox
Trinity Baptist Church
Willow Springs, MO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home