Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
A time to mourn
In the Shadow
The antidote of music
The God Who Sees Me
Tomatoes and Memories
No spin reality
Brothers and Friends
From "we" to "me"
A new chapter
Funeral Details

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Thursday, August 31, 2006
Guiding Star
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." Psalm 32:8

Everyone has an opinion. I seem to have no shortage of guidance from wonderful, loving friends and family. This is a good thing, first of all because it lends a feeling of security in my life at a time when I could easily feel adrift in a sea of decisions. I find comfort in knowing that people who care are "looking out" for me. The problem with all these opinions, however, is that they often reflect totally opposite views, or at least varying degrees of views over a broad spectrum. After taking it all in, the ball still falls in my court to make the final decision.

The Bible tells me there is safety in a multitude of counselors (Proverbs 11:14). As I formulate plans for the future, I have purposely sought out the advice of my spiritual mentors. I want to make good and wise choices, not just hear someone echo what I "want" to hear. But the One who's counsel I need the most is that of the Lord. He is my Instructor, Teacher, and Guide. It's quite an interesting word picture to read "I will guide you with My eye." Malcom and I used to communicate like that at times when words were not necessary or possible. We knew each other so well and were tuned in to slight nuances of behavior, that just a look this way or that was enough to spur the other into action.

This should be my goal. Indeed, it should be the goal of every believer. To know the Lord in an intimate way so that He can guide me with His eye. I remember back in 1972 after a brief courtship, Malcom and I decided to get married. There was a very wise pastor (who I dearly love!) who cautioned me about making any rash decision. His advice was sound and logical. But God had given me peace that it was His will for us to marry and spend the first year of our life together in Taiwan. The events of the years that followed have proved over and over the solidness of that decision.

What will I do? Where will I go? How long will I stay? These are all good questions, and if you have an opinion, bring it on! But the eye of God must be my guiding star.

 
posted at 12:33 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi "big sis"...I think you will do just fine. I bet things change, cause they already have. Many many people are praying for you...
Brenda

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are called to do the work in Taiwan. I am so glad you are going back. Our prayers are with you as you make your fianl plans.. Bruce and Jo

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have been watching your blog with great interest Carol. My family and church pray for you regulalry. We are thrilled at your decision for both the people in Taiwan and yourself. I know the journey back ang getting started will be filled with a roller coaster of emotions, but even though it may seem you are going alone - you know you are not. Our Father will be journeying with you and our love and spirits will go with you as well.

We love you so very much Carol, and pray for nothing but God's richest peace and blessings on your life and minsitry. Please keep us up to date.

Bro. Rick and Sue M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home