Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
In the Shadow
The antidote of music
The God Who Sees Me
Tomatoes and Memories
No spin reality
Brothers and Friends
From "we" to "me"
A new chapter
Funeral Details
Gathered Home

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Wednesday, August 23, 2006
A time to mourn
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:1,4

My friend, my enemy, my tormenter and healer: Time. It is that fickle thing that rushes by too fast, or crawls with excruciating slowness. In the same amount of time I might accomplish a lot or a little, depending upon my physical or emotional state. It plods or races and I must consider it's purpose. Is it possible that two months have already passed? It seems like a week; it seems like a lifetime.

Today as I made my way to the gravesite, I faced the fact that it is my time to mourn. The sense of loss and aloneness is more keen now rather than easing up as I thought it might with the passing of time. Perhaps it will, but it is too soon to expect relief. The headstone has been in place for more than a week. The sight of it adds another layer of finality and sorrow wells up from deep within my heart, finding it's way out through my tears.

Even as I mourned, the Lord brought to mind a precious promise from His Word. "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him." (1 Thessalonians 4:15) I was comforted by these words as God knew I would be. I do believe! My mourning is one of hope as I conjure up mental images of Malcom with our daughter, Sue, whole and happy with Jesus. I long for the day when we will be reunited for a timeless eternity. On that day my mourning will be turned to joy.

 
posted at 12:18 AM  
6 comments


6 Comments:
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, I know anniversaries can be very hard. And you seem to have so many of this nature. My heart really goes out to you. Oh, how wonderful it would be if we could say or do something to ease your pain, but please know that I love you and that I pray for you several times a day.
CB

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, I too know that anniversaries can be difficult. June and August are months of anniversaries for myself as it was 32 and 34 years ago that my Father and Mother went home to be with the Lord. Your thoughts concerning the scripture found in I Thessalonians are comforting to all of us who have loved ones waiting in Heaven. Each time I visit my parent's gravesites, I not only remember scripture, but remember the song entitled, "Resurrection Ground". It simply reminds us that where our loved ones lay is resurrection ground. I love you and pray for you often.

KCC

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
You are deeply under the shadow of God's wings.

Your faithful,
Joseph Kuo

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so beyond words or understanding how you can communicate so much fullness and richness and yet at the same time feel such deep loss. This seems to echo the contrasts Jesus expressed concerning the realities of the spirit-led life in a material reality ... and yet you the ability to make it fresh for us here and now.

More than this, God has continued to use you to demonstrate His matchless grace, love and committment in any circumstance or season of life. More than Chinese, you have taught me this.

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
"What happened could not have happened any other ways", God always has a purpose in endurance. He will use it for good if we follow the example of Christ, who, when He suffered for us.

Lovely,
Joseph Kuo

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
When I learned that the death of my favorite minister after I lost my favorite Christian sister(Susan), sister-in-law and see my parents-in-law strugging with a battle with cancers, I am pondering many things. One is how to comfort you, but I also seem still very sad over these deaths without words.

However, I definitely know Jesus has "the last word" rather than my words contine comforting you for each today” you are given, and for the inevitable “tomorrow” that will come.

All burdens will be reliefed compeltely while we come to Him.

Lovely,
Joseph Kuo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home