Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
He didn't forget
How does your Pineapple grow?
Curiosity or Compassion?
I Much Prefer Pleasant
Lantern Festival
Symbols of Hope
Something to Consider
Treasures of the Snow
Treasures in Darkness
Giving God the pen

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Greatest Joy
“Therefore we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (for we walk by faith, not by sight). We are confident, I say, and will rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 5:6-8


It is June, that month of the year that reminds me of sad events in life. Today, June 12, is the date three years ago when Susan was ushered out of this world and into the presence of God. Next week June 22 will mark one year since Malcom’s home going. My attitude has been one of intense dislike for this month. Yet, why should I despise it so? It was a glorious month for both Sue and Malcom. They are blessed above us all to be in the presence of the Lord! I'm so glad that Malcom is not suffering the physical pain of cancer nor the emotional pain he carried after that fateful day at the beach. Today the two of them are together only beginning to discover the marvels of heaven.

Would I wish them back now that they are fulfilling the purpose for which they were created? My entire belief system is on the line when I consider these things. Do I believe that death is a passage and not an end? Do I truly believe that to be present with the Lord is more desirable than remaining on earth?

The scripture says we walk by faith and not by sight. No, I would not wish them back to this world of suffering and pain. Yes, I believe death is the door to eternal joy with the Savior. Yes, I believe that to be with the Lord is far better than we can ever imagine.

So today I make the conscious choice to view the month of June as a blessed month. That which in the past has caused my greatest pain will in the future be my greatest joy. “As for God, his way is perfect…” (Psalm 18:30).

 
posted at 1:07 AM  
9 comments


9 Comments:
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So well written my friend.
I rejoice in this insight to your heart. Truly, your loved ones, as well as mine, are at peace. We can rejoice in this. God bless you - you have just taken a giant step. Lovingly,
M

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Susan Skitt said...

What beautiful perspective my dear sister in the Lord. June 30th... a sunny day... the day Gerald Alan Kelly, loving husband, and father to my son, Jared, entered his home in Heaven.

I've often wondered what poor Lazurus felt like after having experienced the bliss of being home and coming back... but God had a purpose in even that. No, I wouldn't wish Gerry back either. It will be fifteen years this June. I'll always miss him, but like you said, instead of viewing June as a "dreaded month", we can chose to view it as a "blessed month". For me to live is Christ... to die is gain. Amen my sister, Amen. Thanks for sharing. BTW - 2 Cor. 5 is one of the verses I clung to, too, especially that first night... yes, to be absent from the body IS to be present with the Lord! We can be confident!

The man I eventually re-married, James Brooks Skitt? His father died when he was eight years old. His dad was forty-two. It too was in June... during the week of Vacation Bible School.

I am praying for you my dear sister. God loves you so much and so do I.

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Susan Skitt said...

BTW, Carol, I just have to say, you have a beautiful looking blog. Very restful and what's the word I'm looking for? Elegant...

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Carol for continually reminding me of beauty in the midst of tragedy. Though I have not yet gone through such a loss as you and your family have, your words encourage me in my day to day struggles which at times seem overwhelming. I haven't posted to your blog since last summer but I continue to follow and marvel at the words and insights God has given you, and I'm so grateful you are willing to share them with us.
Libby S.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger The Caldwells said...

Susan was a great friend...making a fellow MK feel special that freshmen yr. @ BBC. It was great to meet her hubby too while we were on deputation. There must be something about June & heaven-bound. Our first baby (miscarriage) went home June 14th-5 yrs. ago. Praying for you!

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you still finding time to work on that book of yours? What a comfort to know that Malcom and Susan are only just beginning to discover all the wonders of heaven!! Thank for continuing to share with all of us -- even in the midst of your own grief. You're in our thoughts and prayers here at the Mission Office. See you soon!

Carole :o)

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I have been thinking of Malcom. He had one of the best smiles. He was a man of integrety. I will always love him. I want you to know that i also miss you and love you. Love Jo Petty

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Rida Bangsawan said...

Hi Carol,
How are you doing?
I'm one of Susan friend in Taichung
Do you still remember me?
I'm Rida from Indonesia
I miss her so much...

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Yes, Rida, I remember you! I have wanted to contact you for years...tried to shortly after Sue's accident, but the email address I had was wrong. If you read this, please email me at carolburton@bbfi.net.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home