Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Treasures of the Snow
Treasures in Darkness
Giving God the pen
Home for Christmas
Waiting for a Miracle
How good it is...exclamation point!
It Takes Time
Feeling Abandoned By God
Attitude of Gratitude
Save that for another day

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Sunday, February 11, 2007
Something to Consider
“Say not thou, ‘What is the cause that former days were better than these?’ for thou dost not inquire wisely concerning this.” Ecclesiastes 7:10


I have often described life since becoming a widow as “being in limbo.” Where once there was a common goal and plan for the future, now there is uncertainty. Where once all my decisions were weighed equally with my husband’s desires, now I’m left to figure out the best course of action on my own. It’s quite an adjustment. In weak moments I say to the Lord, “What were you thinking? I want my life back! I liked it better before all this happened!” Obviously, I’m not the only one who has longingly looked at former days and wished to be whisked back to that safe, comfortable time when life seemed better. Through the pen of wise Solomon, I hear the Lord say, “It’s not really smart for you to ask about such things!” Reading further, instead He gives me something to consider:

“Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight which he hath made crooked. In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other to the end that man should find nothing after him.” (Eccl. 7:13-14)

As I consider these things, I recognize the truth that when God does something, it will not be undone without his express permission. Why? Because He has a profound purpose to all He does. It is not random hit and miss as if I can “catch the blessings” sometimes and “oops! I got hit by that trial” other times. I must consider that He has made one as well as the other. As I totally depend upon His wisdom and trust in His goodness, it is possible then to stop dwelling on what was and what could have been. It is the path to moving forward.

 
posted at 4:18 PM  
6 comments


6 Comments:
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Lifelong Learner said...

Carol,

I hope you don't mind, but I've added you to my blog role. I've been a "lurker" for awhile. :) Even though I've only met you once, I just want you to know you are in my prayers and have been for awhile.

Blessings, and I'll continue to enjoy "lurking". I was so glad to see you on christianwomenonline.net. :) And I love the new layout!

Stacy Hughes

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Stacy,
I appreciate you adding me to your blog roll! Thanks for your prayers. Lurking is ok, but it nice to hear from you!

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its harrison :) gonna start reading ur blog from the beginning. I intended to, but i know God wants me to read it. i dont want to go through trials. im freaked out. im soo sick and i feel like im goin to go blind. my eyes hurt, my ears hurt and i went to the doctor and they have no idea wuz going on. God told me many times about trial so i hope i dont go blind or deaf cuz then i dont know wut use am i. He also said live by faith and not by sight.. so im scared he might realli take away my sight. like the woman who can't stop bleeding, she went to many doctors (as did i) but instead of getting better, she got worse (as did i)
neways.. university is so hard, as in spiritually.. dry. my prayer i guess in this uni is ephesian last chapter, couple verses where i can speak boldly about God.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In much the same way, I imagine the Lord--who loves us, who is faithful, merciful and full of compassion--taking pleasure in our honor and gratitude expressed to Him. He delights to show mercy. When we are weak and can do nothing, He doesn't require anything of us except to simply turn to Him in faith.


I just started reading your blog, and the verse about mercy, who wait and hope on his mercy stick out. the reason it does is because i dont know how many times ive read about MERCY in the past week and how many blind, beggars, lame begged out for mercy to Jesus. i came across to such passages alot this week. as i previously posted, about faith and how i have to live by faith, the same uve written about turning to Him in faith.
another reason why im scared to become deaf is because i came across alot of ppl who knows sign language. These ppl i have never really got in contact, but since i got back to the US from taiwan, ppl who knows sign language are appearing in my life. (it's why im scared to be deaf or mute)
One sunday as i was traveling to church i realli felt God asking me "what if i were to take away your hearing? or ur sight?" i thought it was scary, and then monday nothing happened, but tuesday my ear started hurting!

i dont know wuz going on with my life, but i know im currently in a 40 days fast. so if u can pray for me thanks!

Myemailisnot@hotmail.com
Harrison Lee

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Hang in there, Harrrison. God will never ask of you anything that He cannot handle. (Notice I didn't say it's you that has to handle it!) You are in my prayers. Keep reading and keep trusting!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger AFeistel said...

Mom,
I love the updated blog look.
xo, Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home