Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Home for Christmas
Waiting for a Miracle
How good it is...exclamation point!
It Takes Time
Feeling Abandoned By God
Attitude of Gratitude
Save that for another day
Exposing the Strength Myth
Sitting on the Edge of Glory
Heart Lag

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Thursday, January 04, 2007
Giving God the pen
“The Lord of hosts has sworn: As I have planned so shall it be. As I have purposed, so shall it stand.” Isaiah 14:24

It’s a new year. Time to break out a new calendar and begin writing in the appointments and plans for the coming days and months. I must admit that it’s with some apprehension that I even attempt to imagine what this new year will bring. Certainly the past several years have not gone as “I” planned. I used to look forward to a new year with it’s chance to start fresh and try again to accomplish some noble goals. I made my plans and boldly wrote them in pen, only to scratch them out when God’s appointments were made known.

In keeping with these thoughts, I found it amusing that I received an interesting desk calendar for Christmas: it has a crossword puzzle for each day which I will, of course, work out in pencil. I would like to think that I can do the puzzles in pen, but I know myself! There is a chance I will make a mistake. So if I’m that careful with a silly game, how much more careful should I be in planning my life? Even while I grieve for those I have lost, I yearn to have hopes and dreams for brighter days ahead. But I dare not take the pen. No, give me a pencil. I’m giving God the pen.

 
posted at 11:37 PM  
7 comments


7 Comments:
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our lives sure look better when God uses the pen! :) I can only believe that as you pencil in the year, God is already gently writing in ink HIS plan.... plans that you cannot even begin to imagine right now. May the grace and strength of our Father be with you tonight, dear sister! Liz

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Memories for a Lifetime said...

My husband has a saying "Life is what happens when you're making other plans"...As we seek the Lord, He reveals that our ways are not His!! We would love to see the whole picture, so as to progress with determination, but God, who formed us, says "Follow me - I will show you the way"...thus our trust me be in Him and Him alone!

God bless you as you take that single step each day!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I will use this thought in an upcoming class I am teaching. Isn't it awful, though, how I try and take the pen away from God?

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Dwight said...

Carol,

Good writing and profound thoughts!

We continue to think of you and pray for you. I'm sending your URL to a friend just starting the grief process.

Thanks!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
Again, Thank you for your thoughts put into words. I like that. I so often use an erasable pen......I know there are going to be mistakes. Sometimes I go ahead and put in an answer and think, " Well, if it is wrong - that is why I have an eraseable pen!".... I am SO thankful that He can see the end from the beginning. God bless you, my friend.
Lovingly, M

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try to live this way during this year. Thanks for the insight. Our family is still praying for you. Love you

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
How could you know what God would bring with the New Year? It appears that He is writing this time with ink and it will soon dry and be clear.

With love,
Jc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home