Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Treasures in Darkness
Giving God the pen
Home for Christmas
Waiting for a Miracle
How good it is...exclamation point!
It Takes Time
Feeling Abandoned By God
Attitude of Gratitude
Save that for another day
Exposing the Strength Myth

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Thursday, February 01, 2007
Treasures of the Snow
“Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow, or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?” Job 38:22
“For He saith to the snow, be thou on the earth…” Job 37:6

It’s a winter wonderland outside and my thoughts turn once again in wonder and awe of God the Creator. From the safety of my warm house, I love to watch the gently falling snow as it silently settles a thick blanket of white over every thing. It seems to fall from an endless storehouse. What an amazing way to water the earth in winter time! Beauty blended with practicality from an omnipotent, all-surrounding God. Like Job, I do not fully understand it. I have not entered into the “treasures of the snow.” Even those who have made it their goal to understand the mysteries of the elements cannot control or avoid what God causes to be governed by exact and unchangeable laws of nature. Just as God spoke the world into existence, His voice commands the snow to be on the earth. I marvel at the beauty of the snow, but more than that, I worship the amazing Almighty Creator God. I lift my heart in praise because the same sovereign Lord is in control of all that concerns me.

 
posted at 12:34 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carol! I heard about you from my friend Ally, and I've been reading since. I wanted to comment on this, because at the current moment, I'm looking outside and wondering why it's snowing. I totally feel like Job. I mean, it seems to be something so beautiful and precious, yet, sometimes I just get lazy, and I feel annoyed that it's so cold out. To be honest, I don't like cold weather. I think that this brings a new perspective to my life though. It's nice to know that God has a purpose for even the snow.

tcGb
Kevin

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing that our Saviour sees us "white as snow"---we are cleansed by Him!!

It has been said that no two snowflakes are alike.....WOW, what a creator!!

To think that God created me and loves you sooo much more than you can fathom!!!

May you find that serenity in knowing that beauty of the snow and seasons was for your pleasure !

God loves you just the way you are, but loves you too much to leave you that wasy!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

I love the new look! Cant imagine snow, as it is in the 90's here. Just dropped by to say I am praying for you daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home