Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
To hear "Words of Song" click here.
Words of song to fill my heart
How I'm really doing
Guiding Star
A time to mourn
In the Shadow
The antidote of music
The God Who Sees Me
Tomatoes and Memories
No spin reality

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Saturday, September 23, 2006
The Tides
"Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee..." Isaiah 43:1-2

Imagine an idyllic place where you can cast your cares away, relax in the sun, allow the stresses of life to fall away. Did you imagine a beautiful oceanside scene, clear skies, palm trees waving in the gentle breeze? For many, a chance to "go to the beach" would be an ideal vacation. Growing up in Florida just a few miles from the shore, I used to feel the same way. Circumstances of life have a way of changing one's perspective however. Now the ebb and flow of the ocean, the sound of the breaking waves and it's constant movement is what nightmares are made of. The sea cannot be trusted with it's ever changing currents and unpredictable calm or fury.

No, the sea cannot be trusted. But the Master of the Seas, the One who created them assures me that He can be trusted. The fury of high tide, the sigh of low tide, all bow to His purposes. Even when I don't understand the "what" or "why" of His plan for me, I cling to His promise: "I will be with thee."

Ebbing, flowing
Never knowing
What the tide will be
Overwhelming
Yet receding
Grief always with me

Trusting, doubting
Ever changing
Emotions move like the sea
Not desiring
Yet embracing
The path now set for me

Comforting, drawing
Ever sensing
God's response to my need
Overshadowing
Yet releasing
Perfect love surrounds me

 
posted at 1:52 AM  
3 comments


3 Comments:
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,
Again, you have chosen one of my most favorite verses of Scripture..." when thou passest through the waters..." In your verses that follow, I can see that you are so deeply trusting in His love and His guidance in your life. I so not worry about you though I realize there are almost unbearable times of grief. Yet, He is faithful who has called you and He will perform that to which He has called you. Thank you for sharing your heart with us again.
Lovingly,
M

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
Your words are always encouraging to me. I am still learning the lesson of putting my confidence on God.
Suzanne

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
I ensure you will be nourished by God to become His one of the most important comforter. Your every wording has deeply impacted us and made us feel His Love.

Lovely,
Jospeh Kuo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home