Contributors
Carol
feistyrallygirl

Recent Posts
Save that for another day
Exposing the Strength Myth
Sitting on the Edge of Glory
Heart Lag
The Tides
To hear "Words of Song" click here.
Words of song to fill my heart
How I'm really doing
Guiding Star
A time to mourn

Search


Archives
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
April 2008
April 2009
May 2009
September 2010

Favorite Blog Links
Musings From the Manse
Side Family Blog
Stories of Sue
Amy's Rally Blog

Credit
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter:

Miscellaneous
Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Attitude of Gratitude
"Every good and every perfect gift is from above..." James 1:17

Here it is November with Thanksgiving soon upon us and Christmas following not far behind. This year especially I do not look forward to the holidays. The pain of loss is too fresh. But having an attitude of gratitude can focus my thoughts on what I have, rather than what I do not have. It's a wonderful idea encouraged by "Christian Women Online". So today I begin...

1. A comfortable home to live in
2. A new friend to exercise with
3. An unexpected email blessing from a friend
4. Cool, crisp morning
5. The smile of a toddler swinging in the park
6. Fragrant flowers adorning the trees
7. Orange glow of the rising sun
8. Good morning greetings
9. The smell of fresh ground coffee perking
10. The internet world to keep in touch
11. Memories of grandchildren singing "The B-I-B-L-E"
12. God's Word speaking to me
13. Cool breeze through my window
14. Family photographs
15. Gift of sight
16. Privilege of prayer
17. Chas' blue eyes
18. Abby's beautiful hands
19. Spencer's sparkling energy
20. Kyle's sweet giggle
21. Kaycia's kisses blown my way
22. Cell phone texting
23. God's love
24. A loving church family
25. The joy of serving

I will continue my gratitude list at this site: Carol's One Thousand Gifts List. I hope you'll check it often and perhaps be encouraged to write your own list.

 
posted at 9:46 PM  
4 comments


4 Comments:
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
Who knew when Malcom went Home earlier this year that we would be going through the "valley of the shadow of death" along with you this Thanksgiving and Christmas season... once again?
I pray God's tenderest blessings on you for this moment in time - and thank you for the words and thoughts He writes through you...
Love always,
Ruth.
www.bryantministries.com

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
I came across your blog this evening - really touching. My family and I have just recently moved to Taiwan too. We are in the South near Pingtung - where about are you? I have now saved your blog as a favourite, and will be reading it often. Keep well and God bless. Regards Starr purplepixiestarr@hotmail.com

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have few words after reqding through your blog...actually I have just one word.
Wow.......

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,
I found your blog by checking my sitemeter. I was very touched in reading through the last many days of entries. My prayers are with you and your family. I was in Taiwan twice on my way and from visiting my church planting sister in the Philippines. I never even got to leave the airport though. May God's grace and peace abound in your life during this holiday season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home